We believe that parents and caregivers are the first and most important teachers their children will ever have. By building on each parent's strengths and addressing their needs early on, families become empowered with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to raise children who are healthy, safe, and ready to succeed.
Early experiences lay the foundation for our lives. The first years of a child's life, including pregnancy, are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in all future experiences.
Your baby's early experiences and relationships are the building blocks that create the foundation of their growth and development. A strong foundation increases the chances of a bright and healthy future and helps protect against later difficulties with things like learning or health.
For more information, please visit:
Maine Families understands that all parents want the best for their babies. Our caring and professional Family Visitors partner with parents and parents-to-be to access the information and resources they need to support the physical and emotional health of their baby and the entire family.
Maine Families' purpose is to support:
- Healthy and happy families with positive emotional and physical well-being.
- Positive and effective parenting.
- Healthy and strong parent-child attachments.
- Positive and creative learning environments for children.
- Self-confidence for both parents and children.
- Families' access to the resources they need to thrive.
- Families who are deeply connected to and supported by their communities.
- Building the foundation that children need for educational success.
Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers is an internationally recognized early childhood development program offering research-based curricula that help families raise children to be healthy, safe, learning, and ready for school. All Family Visitors are Certified Parent Educators through Parents as Teachers.
Our Family Visitors
Maine Families has a team of professionals who believe all parents want the best for their babies. Our team is well educated and up to date on the latest research in early childhood education and parenting needs. They have completed Maine Families Core Knowledge training and are certified through Parents as Teachers as Parent Educators. They participate in mandatory professional development training each year, as well as monthly clinical supervision, and weekly reflective supervision meetings. Your Family Visitor will be understanding, nonjudgemental, and compassionate.
Meet a Maine Families Visitor!
Our Guiding Philosophy
We believe that you are the expert on your child. Your Family Visitor will:
- Talk with you and your child with respect and understanding.
- Value your questions about your child and your caregiving.
- Listen without judgment to any concerns you may share about your child's behavior.
- Get excited with you about your child's development.
- Provide guidance and support to help you understand and respond to predictable ups and downs as your child grows.
- Treat you and your family's culture and experiences with respect.
- Support you in advocating for your child and family for the best care and services from resources in your community and beyond.