What happens in a Home Visit?
Home visits are a time to...
• focus on your pregnancy, newborn, or toddler
• learn about your child’s development
• view educational videos and resource materials
• ask a certified Parents as Teachers parent educator questions about parenting
Your Home Visitor will meet with you in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
• Provide you with prenatal support: Information on breastfeeding; eating healthy for you and your baby; childbirth; and fetal development.
• Once your baby is born, she will share with you information about what you may expect at different ages and stages of your baby’s development.
• Share toys, books and games to help you encourage your baby’s healthy growth.
• Provide you with helpful tools and ideas for meeting the daily challenges of parenting.
• Help you connect with other community services and resources you might want to use.